The Vitamin D was plentiful as the sun and energy blazed in Brisbane Square today for Brisbane Hat Day to raise money and awareness for mental wellbeing in this country. Hat Day is Australian Rotary Health’s community action and awareness day.
World public speaking Champion, Jock Elliot welcomed Graham Quirk, Brisbane's Lord Mayor, who delivered an inspirational welcome speech and officially opened Brisbane Hat Day.
Rachel of Energy Galore practices her tango with Tarcisio from Rio Rhythmics
The large crowd of Hat Day supporters then “Checked in with their Five” to increase physical energy and were encouraged by Rachel Bowes of Energy Galore to start treating their bodies like a superior driving vehicle!
We're not sure whether the beautiful cars on display (e.g: BMW, Aston Martin, Bentley) or the attention to physical excellence attracted more attention!
Energy Galore would like to thank most sincerely the following people who gave generously of their time:
- Ms Teresa Gambaro - Federal member for Brisbane,
- Dr. Aaron Frost – clinical psychologist with QYRSF
- Mr. Tarcisio Teatini – founder and Director of Rio Rhythmics
- Mr. David Gillespie – author of Sweet Poison
- Mr. Russ O’Malley – board member of Australian Rotary Health
Their passionate and inspiring messages included awareness and education around the following concepts in the context of mental health:
- Genetic and social influences
- Hidden sugars in our foods that directly affect moods
- Finding and engaging with movement, to explore personal rhythm and cadence to music
- Preventative daily strategies with physical energy and movement
- The psychology of abundance and connection
We encourage and welcome input and further suggestions on how to build on the above messages to share expert knowledge and free education for all to create better mental well being.
All proceeds from this event were donated to Australian Rotary Health.
More details: Rachel Bowes - tel: 0403 602 965 or email.